80-hr Dry Needling Course
Safe - Confident - Effective
If you're a Remedial Massage Therapist, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Naturopath and you've never completed a Dry Needling Course before then the 80-hr Dry Needling course is the course for you.
The course is made up of 60-hrs online theory plus 20-hrs face-to-face practical training (Friday 5-8pm, Saturday 8-6pm & Sunday 8-5pm).
Joining Australia's Safest Dry Needling course will be one of the best decisions you’ll make for your career as a therapist, your clinic and your patients’ lives.
This course will help you gain practical skill, confidence and theoretical knowledge to treat your patients SAFELY & effectively using Dry Needling therapy.
You'll learn how to apply Dry Needling to myofascial trigger points found in 45 muscles most commonly seen in practice plus 10 tendon/ ligament / periosteal needling areas.
Did you know you can enrol and start your Dry Needling online training today for just $99? Click HERE to find out more.
After receiving your 1st payment, you'll be enrolled on the course and have instant access to all your online theory modules. Then make weekly payments until practical course commencement. It's as easy as that :)) The sooner you enrol the more time you'll have to complete your theory modules.
Don't delay! Secure your place on the practical course for just $99 today - Click HERE.
Since 2013, we’ve taught over 4000 Remedial Massage Therapists in 8 capital city locations around Australia. We are now the largest provider of Dry Needling courses in Australia. We present over 46 courses every year which includes online theory plus the face-to-face practical.
The 20 hours of practical training is completed as a single practical course over 1 weekend and meets the requirements by all PI insurance companies & massage associations.
The online theory program is completed before joining the practical course. We advise practitioners to enrol at least 4-6 weeks before the practical course commencement to allow time for theory completion.
Why are so many practitioners choosing the CPD Health Courses to learn Trigger Point Dry Needling over other course provider?
Click HERE to find out why.
Because you'll learn how to SAFELY & confidently use Trigger Point Dry Needling to help your patients will change the way you treat your patients.
By completing Dry Needling training with CPD Health Courses you’ll not only learn how to use Trigger Point Dry Needling but you'll be able to treat more conditions and have more options for treating the same conditions that you treat now. You'll have more tools in your toolbox.
- It will increase the types of conditions that you will be able to treat.
- It will create new treatment opportunities and interventions that you never thought possible.
- You'll retain more patients and you'll get more referrals for Dry Needling therapy instead of having to refer patients to other practitioners.
- You’ll grow in confidence as a practitioner by learning this new skill.
- You'll ALSO receive the very handy CPD Health Courses FREE Dry Video Training App which contains loads of great Dry Needling video clips to show & remind you of the important safety points, like needling directions, handling and referral patterns.
Make sure you choose a Dry Needling Course that meets Professional Indemnity Insurance requirements.
The CPD HC 80-hr Dry Needling course meets the HIGHEST standard required for professional indemnity insurance with regards to Dry Needling Therapy (including AON & Arthur J Gallagher).
Our 80-hr Dry Needling Course is accredited by all the major Massage Associations including Massage & Myotherapy Association of Australia (MMA), Massage Association of Australia (MAA) & Massage Australia (MA). Practitioners also receive CPE hours with MA & ATMS.
All professional associations award CPE/ CEU points after successful course completion of the the CPD Health Courses 80-hr Dry Needling Course. Click HERE.
We know that you're going to love our Dry Needling Courses and you're going to learn a lot of great information.
But we also realise that you'll need some help remembering everything you've been taught. So we've created the Dry Needling Video Training App for you - it's your perfect companion after completing your Dry Needling course.
Here’s a list of benefits that RMT’s who’ve completed our Dry Needling course have seen:
- You’re less tired at the end of each work day.
- Your patients say that they’re not as sore after your treatments.
- You’ve increased your treatment fees because of demand.
- You’ve created a uniqueness about what you do in comparison to other local therapists.
- You’ve wiped out the competition by learning a new skill.
- You command more trust, more respect & more authority among your patients and your colleagues.
Excellent. Really good to go over all the anatomy and structures.
Wouldn't it be great to have a long waiting list of patients, so long in fact that you could increase your patient fees due to the demand?
Imagine if you could leap ahead and differentiate yourself from every other Remedial Massage Therapist in your area.
What technical skill could you learn that would make that change happen overnight? What value would you place on achieving these goals?
By value I’m not necessarily talking about money. The real value of achieving these goals goes way beyond financial return.
Learning how to SAFELY & confidently use Trigger Point Dry Needling will transform you as a Remedial Massage Therapist, your clinic, your patient list & your patient’s lives.
Very happy with the modules and the information contained in them. It prepared me well for the practical.
Becoming a Dry Needling Thereapist will:
- Increase the type of conditions that you will be able to treat.
- Create new treatment opportunities and interventions that you never thought possible as an RMT.
- Patients stay with you and other practitioners will be referring patients to you - instead of you referring patients to other therapists.
- Increase your confidence. By completing your Dry Needling training with CPD Health Courses you’ll not only learn how to SAFELY use Trigger Point Dry Needling to treat more conditions, you’ll also have many more options for treating the same things that you treat now.
Really happy with the standard of teaching.
Why are so many massage therapists choosing the CPD Health Courses to learn Trigger Point Dry Needling over other course provider?
- We are Australia's SAFEST Dry Needling couse provider
- We teach pain free, highly effective dry needling techniques to use the next day
- You'll receive FREE Dry Video Training on the easy to use CPD Health Courses Dry Needling training App. to help you remember everything you've been taught.
- The CPD HC App contains great Dry Needling video clips to show & remind you of the important safety points, like needling directions, handling and referral patterns.
- You can also join a FREE weekly Skype Study Group for support & help with your Dry Needling.
So why should you learn Trigger Point Dry Needling Now?
Over the last 10 years, more & more RMT's have wanted to learn Dry Needling Therapy and the number of Dry Needling Therapists is increasing every week.
- Sports teams are now asking for Dry Needling as a key skill to have available for their players.
- Newly graduated therapists are getting qualified in Dry Needling therapy to maximize their job opportunities.
- Patients are now calling clinics and asking the question… Do you do Dry Needling?
By delaying your Dry Needling training, you’re missing out on potential revenue and life long patients who are looking for someone to help them. Every day that you wait for the right time to start is another day lost in opportunity.
Loved it! Can’t wait to needle everyone!
- MMA, MAA, MA, AMT & ATMS award CPE points for this 80-hr DN course
- Other course providers don't accept massage therapists on their Dry Needling course
- Save time & money - complete your online theory at home on your laptop or PC
- Practical courses in Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth , Townsville & Auckland (NZ)
- Personalized coaching on all our practical dry needling courses
- Receive Certificate of Completion, a fully illustrated colour practical reference manual, needle starter pack and access to the Dry Needling Video Training site!
Why Choose us?
Because we're provide the SAFEST Dry Needling Training course. We've trained thousands of RMT's over the years!
CPD Health Courses offers the quickest, easiest and most inexpensive way to learn Dry Needling therapy. This Dry needling course has been specially created remedial massage therapits with little or no previous dry needling experience.
We focus on correct needling technique with LOTS of needling practice to low risk areas & cover the treatment of many muscles and areas of pain.
One of the key skills you’ll learn on the practical course is becoming highly effective at finding trigger points in muscle fibres.
Practice the correct way to hold the guide tube, manipulate the needle & experience what the needle feels like when it’s in the right location at the right depth and angle, to make you feel confident, safe & effective.
The insertion of a needle is generally painless when carried out correctly; you don't need to vigorously manipulate an acupuncture needle to get great results!
Having used Dry Needling for over 12 years & it never fails to amaze me how well patients respond to this therapy. It’s like magic.
What to expect on the Practical course:
I still get a buzz every time I start a course on a Friday night. The first thing I do after greeting everyone is to congratulate the RMT’s. Why do I do this?
I especially congratulate the RMT’s because they’ve made the same leap of faith that I did when I started my introduction to Dry Needling. But that's not the only reason. I have so much deep respect for all RMT’s that take on the challenge of studying something that many would never had thought possible.
Good practice backed by sound knowledge base. Excelent focus on safe practice.
RMT’s are doing something that their patients wouldn’t expect them to do and the CPD Health Courses presenters and I go out of our way to encourage every practitioner to achieve their goal.
Back to the Friday night buzz...
By the end of the first session everyone is feeling more relaxed. They know what to expect, what they’re going to be learning and why they need to cover the material we present at the practical course.
It’s very simple... I show you, you do. Every presentation starts with a highly viual needling demonstration. Then you go and practice the techniques under supervision.
Great teaching staff – Willing to help and explain.
The buzz doesn’t finish there. By the end of the practical course, I can literally see every RMT has grown a few inches in confidence, pride and satisfaction in knowing they've gained a new highly valuable skill!
They completed all the online theory, a 20-hour practical course and passed with flying colours. They’re grinning from ear to ear.
And they’re also a bit tired!
Like anything worth having it takes hard work, sacrifice and some perseverance but it’s all worth it when you receive your certificate that says you’ve completed a Dry Needling course and you’re SAFE & confident to treat patients.
Wendy's an RMT who works in a Physio clinic in the centre of Brisbane. I remember her in particular because I watched the language of her emails change every time she completed an online theory module.
Wendy started off being a little unsure if she was even eligible to attend the dry needling course. Her first enquiry asked if it was possible for an RMT to do the Dry Needling course or was it only for Physios?
She was referred to us by a friend, who had completed the course in Adelaide. She explained that her employer wanted her to become qualified in Dry Needling because the clinic was affiliated with several sports teams.
A week went by and I noticed a notification that came up in my inbox. I always read these comments straight away, whatever I’m doing.
Wendy had posted a comment about one of our Welcome Videos. Her transformation had begun. She said: I’m so excited to gain another tool in my belt. I can't wait to start the practical. I love the encouragement!” This feedback is why I do what I do :))
What a great attitude! What a change! If this is how Wendy felt before she’d even attended the practical course, imagine how she was going to feel afterwards.
I met Wendy at the practical course a few weeks later. This was when I really found out why she wanted to attend the course. Not because someone had recommended it, although that did help to make her final decision.
Wendy told me she was finding massaging patients every day was taking it’s toll on her hands & body and she didn’t know how long she could last if she had to keep this level of work up using her thumbs and fingers.
Wendy’s reasons for doing the course were not uncommon. I've heard this so many times before from RMT’s who attend the course. Wendy also said that she didn’t feel that her initial RMT training hadn't equipped her to know exactly which muscles she was treating or why and for which condition.
For primary care practitioners this can be pretty scary. A patient with any condition, any presentation can walk through the door and you're not confident in knowing what you're treating.
Wendy felt like she was just finding the bits that hurt and massaging them - not uncommon. That did work, but it wasn’t really satisfying. Completing her notes about the regions she had treated rather than specific muscles or parts of a muscle made her feel like her depth of knowledge wasn’t as good as she wanted it to be.
She was happy with her treatment techniques but Wendy wanted more.
She wanted to be able to identify every muscle that she worked on, understand the relationship between that muscle its function and other structure around it.
The take home message I got from Wendy was that she wanted to improve her knowledge about what she was doing in a way that gave her confidence. Not only in her new skill set which would help her reduce the load on her joints and muscles, but more importantly to help her patients recover faster and more effectively.
After successfully completing her Dry Needling course, Wendy's highly developed manual skills were put to good use as a Dry Needling therapist aswell.
If this sounds like you, if Wendys story resonates with you then you'll be nodding your head when you read these common speed bumps that are holding you back as an RMT.
If you feel like;
- You’re not sure how long your hands, joints and muscles can take the load that massage places on them
- There must be more to your work than just treating where it hurts. You want to know what causes that muscle pain, the science behind myofascial pain and how to confidently explain this to your patients
- There’s so much competition out there from other RMT’s and even people who have much less qualifications than you. You’ve worked hard to get where you are but you’re looking for something to make you stand out above the rest
- You want to treat more than just tight shoulders and backs. You want to be able to increase the number of conditions & areas of the body that you didn’t even know were in your scope of practice, conditions like TMJ pain, knee osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, & rotator cuff tendinopathy
- You want to be recognised for all the study you’ve completed, the hard work you’ve put in to build your reputation and the money you’ve invested to get to where you are now.
If you’d like to find a solution to all of these problems then you need to join the CPD Health Courses Dry Needling Course today.
If you don’t do anything, you’ll be exactly where you are today in 6 months to 12 months time.
You really can’t afford to miss the boat, so become the early adopter in your profession and in your area and start your Dry Needling training today.
Your patients will be fascinated, impressed & incredibly receptive when they realize & appreciate why you wanted to learn this new skill. Ultimately of course the aim of learning any new skill is to help people which is why we do what we do.
Practical Course: 20 Hours
Due due course accreditation, the 20-hr practical course needs to be completed on Friday 5-8pm, Saturday 8-6pm & Sunday 8-5pm (ie Friday night plus Saturday & Sunday).
We'll cover the following muscles on Friday & Saturday:
Adductor Longus, Biceps Brachii, Biceps Femoris, Brachoradialis, Deltoid, ECRB, ECRL, ECU, Extensor Digitorum, Gastrocnemius, Gluteus Max, Gluteus Med, Gluteus Min, Gracilis, ITB, Multifidi, Peroneus Brevis, Peroneus Longus, Rectus Femoris, Sartorius, Semimembranosus, Semitendinosus, Soleus, Tibialis Anterior, Triceps Brachii, Upper Trapezius, Vastus Lateralis & Vastus Medialis.
On Sunday we'll cover these conditions and how to use Dry Needling to treat them:
- Acute & Chronic LBP
- Neck & shoulder tension
- Shoulder Pain
- Medial & Lateral Epicondylagia
- Tension Headaches (Frontal, Occipital & Temporal)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Ankle Inversion Sprains
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Knee pain
- Infra & Supra Patellar Tendinopathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- TMJ pain
- Dental Pain
Online Theory: 60 hours
Our comprehensive online program guides you through the following areas of study:
- Clinical anatomy
- Surface anatomy
- Common clinical conditions
- Definitions & glossary
- Dry needling research
- Module 1: Introduction & Benefits of Dry Needling
- Module 2: The History & Background of Dry Needling
- Module 3: The Neurophysiology of Dry Needling
- Module 4: Myofascial Trigger Points
- Module 5: Safety & Risk Management
- Module 6: Needling Techniques
- Module 7: Safety Review Part 1
- Module 8: Safety Review Part 2
- Module 9: Safety Review Part 3
- Module 10: Needling Techniques & Conditions Part 1
- Module 11: Needling Techniques & Conditions Part 2
- Module 12: Biotensegrity, Fibroblast activity & Research Analysis
- The Extras
Once you successfully complete the Dry Needling Introductory Course you'll receive:
- A Certificate of Completion
- A Free Dry Needling Starter Pack so you can get going straight away
- An Acuneeds Australia Discount Voucher for your first purchase of needles
We know that you're going to love our Dry Needling Courses and you're going to learn a lot of great information.
And we also know that you'll need some help remembering everything you've been taught, that's why we've developed the CPD Health Courses Dry Video Training App.
It contains some great video clips that you can use to remind you of the important safety points like needling directions, handling and referral patterns.
Save your hands- Use Dry Needling therapy!
Once you've completed your Dry Needling course you’ll have a choice; use deep tissue massage that's painful for your patient & hard work on your hands; or place 3 acupuncture needles into the belly of the muscle for 5-7 minutes.
Then remove the needles & check the change in muscle tone - you’ll be amazed. What's more, your patients will love it too!
To use DN Therapy after successful course completion, RMT's need to be a member of a massage association and have a DN Therapy endorsement on their professional indemnity insurance Certificate of Currency. You'll receive a Certificate of Completion that can be sent to your insurer to gain this endorsement.
Our Dry Needling courses meet the standard required for Professional Indemnity Insurance with regards to Dry Needling Therapy.
Before joining the 80-hr DN course, we advise all practitioners to check with their Professional Indemnity insurer that they will be covered to use Dry Needling therapy subject to successful completion of the CPD Health Courses Dry Needling course (80-hrs).
We look forwards to seeing you on one of our Dry Needling courses soon!